Reno Interior Design DIY Painting TipsAugust 25th, 2017 by Oliver
Painting is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to clean up a room or give it a new spin. Whether adding a pop of color or going for a classic look, here are some tips to help aid in your Reno interior design makeover:
Pick an entryway color that makes a great first impression
It’s the first thing guests see when they walk into your home, and the first opinion they will form of your house. Picking the right color for your entryway can help set the mood for the evening.
- Make it soothing – blues and grays create a calming effect that will help to soothe nerves and give the room a laid-back feel.
- Make it playful – bright pops of colors like yellow, pink or a floral print will help grab the attention of your guests right away and set a playful attitude for your home.
- Make it elegant – deep, regal blues paired with classy furniture add that elegant quality to the room. A black trim paired with white walls can also give you that timeless feel.
- Make it bold – vivid colors or patterns can give your room that show-stopper look. Copper orange, deep red or a glowing green will add punch to any entryway.
- Make it inviting – a classic white or off-white paint paired with whitewashed floors give the space and open, airy and inviting feeling. You will walk in feeling refreshed and invigorated.
Update your ceiling
It’s time to get rid of that plain white ceiling and add a little diversity to your interior design. The ceiling is the last place anyone thinks to add a wave of color to, but doing just that can add an unexpected element to the room. Using a high gloss paint or a color that is a couple shades lighter than your walls will make the room seem more spacious.
Add an accent wall
Choosing the right wall to accent is just as important as choosing the right color. Pick a wall that can easily become the focal point of the room, whether it is because of odd dimensions or if it has a fireplace built in. All eyes will be traveling to this space, so make sure your accent wall is making a statement. When it comes to picking the paint, choose a color that is deeper than the other walls. This will make your accent wall more vibrant and also adds a nice contrast to the room.
Pick statement colors
If you want to add a bold splash to your color scheme, consider pairing a bright, saturated color with neutrals. Whether using oranges, purples, or greens, make sure to add hints of beiges, metallics or neutral shades to the color scheme. This helps add focus on your statement color, without making it overwhelming.
For more painting tips or to try out our paint calculator, visit Reno Paint Mart.